Your Wedding

Once you have chosen your date and venue for your wedding day your next step is to contact Gemma at Gem Celebrancy to get the most meaningful part of the wedding organised. You will need to bring along to our first meeting the following:

  • Birth certificates if you were born in Australia
  • Photo ID such as a drivers’ licence or passport
  • Divorce certificate if you have been married before
  • Death certificate of previous spouse if necessary
  • Passport if born overseas (can be used in place of birth certificate)

At our first meeting the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) needs to be filled out and lodged with me. This must take place a minimum 1 calendar month before your wedding day and no longer than 18 months before your wedding day.

We will discuss ideas that you may wish to incorporate into your ceremony. Your imagination is the only limit. If you have no ideas at all, I am here to guide you.

Your marriage certificate from the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages can also be purchased by myself on your behalf after I have registered your marriage. This is the document that you will require to change your name. The bride usually changes her surname to that of the groom. This is not mandatory and the groom may wish to change his!